Update 2/14/22: Reposting as confirmed to be a soft pull and up to $10,000 in credit card funding.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $750
Must live, work, worship, volunteer, attend school in one of the following counties: Albany, Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, Rennselaer, Rockland, Saratoga, Schenectady, Ulster, and Westchester CountiesThe above offer is exclusively for new members in Westchester, Rockland, Albany and Saratoga Counties
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $2,500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $10,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $20, 90 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: March 31, 2022
- Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $750 when you open a new checking account. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Earn $250 when you open a new checking account and enroll in Internet Banking and/or Mobile Banking services and enroll in e-statements within 60 days of account opening
- Earn $250 when you use your HVCU Visa® Debit Card and spend a minimum of $2,000 using the new checking account within 60 days of account opening
- Earn $250 when you sign up for qualifying direct deposits with a cumulative minimum of $2,500 into your new checking account within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Account holder has 60 calendar days to meet the requirements to receive bonus. HVCU will deposit up to $750 bonus into the account holder’s new checking account, cumulatively, within five business days after the completion of the 60 calendar day qualification period, so long as the account holder fulfills each of the following three qualifications:
- Open a new checking account and enroll in Internet Banking and/or Mobile Banking services and enroll in e-statements within 60 days of account opening and receive $250 within five business days for completion of this qualification;
- Use an HVCU debit card and spend a minimum of $2,000 using the new checking account within 60 days of account opening and receive $250 within five business days for completion of this qualification; and
- Sign up for qualifying direct deposits with a cumulative minimum of $2,500 into your new checking account within 60 days of account opening and receive $250 within five business days for completion of this qualification. A “qualifying direct deposit” is a direct deposit of regular monthly income, such as your salary, pension, or Social Security benefits, which are made by your employer or other payer, using account and routing numbers that you provide to them. Examples of non-qualifying direct deposits and transfers include: your initial ACH deposit to open the account, teller deposits, wire transfers, debit card transfers, ATM transfers or deposits, or Internet or Mobile banking transfers or deposits.
- Only one bonus of up to $750 will be paid to the primary checking account owner. The primary checking account owner must be a resident of either Westchester or Rockland County and this must be your first HVCU checking account to qualify for this bonus. Only personal checking accounts are eligible for this offer. Members under the age of 18 are not eligible to receive this bonus. No exceptions will be made or considered. Account must be in good standing and the qualifications must remain satisfied to receive bonus. May be subject to IRS reporting; please consult your tax advisor. HVCU expressly reserves the right to terminate this promotion at its discretion at any time and without further notice provided to you.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The beyond free checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is an early account termination fee of $20 if closed within 90 days of account opening.
Huge bonus, and even better as it’s a soft pull with a large amount of credit card funding. I don’t expect this to last long so I’d recommend signing up ASAP. Hopefully they are not Chexsystems sensitive. As always if you do sign up then please share your experiences in the comments below. This will be added to the best bank bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Oscar
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times