Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must lives, works, worships, attends school or regularly conducts business in Suffolk or Nassau County, NY
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000, no American Express
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- Suffolk Federal Credit Union is offering a $100 checking bonus when you open a open a Sharks checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Make 10 debit card purchases
- Get an extra $5 when you sign up for eStatements
The Fine Print
- Offer for new Suffolk Federal Credit Union members only, existing members are not eligible.
- To be eligible for the $100 bonus, Sharks Account must be opened and maintained with a minimum balance of $5 and remain open for six months.
- If the checking account is closed by the member or Suffolk Federal Credit Union within six months, the bonus amount will be deducted at closing.
- You must use your Sharks Debit card for 10 point of sale (POS) signature-based purchases within the first 60 days of account opening to receive bonus.
- Bonus will be credited to your account within 60-90 days of account opening.
- Membership in Suffolk Federal requires a Share Savings account with a $5 minimum balance.
- Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school or regularly conducts business in Suffolk or Nassau County, NY, as well as immediate family members of current membership.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for six months otherwise the bonus is forfeit
In the past there was a targeted $200 bonus. Assuming this is a soft pull and you live in the area this should be worth doing as the requirements are easy to meet.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times