Update 3/13/22: Deal is back and has increased to $150.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: OH only
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Must be referred
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
May 31st, 2020April 30, 2022
- Stark Federal Credit Union is offering a referral bonus of $150 to both the person referring and the person being referred. To be eligible the person being referred must:
- open a savings and checking account or a savings and loan account and
- performs either 15 point of sale transactions or a deposit of $500 or more within 60 days of opening their account
The Fine Print
- The referral reward is not valid with any other offers or promotions.
- To qualify for the referral Stark Federal members must be over the age of 17 and in good standing with their membership.
- The referral must be a first time member over the age of 17 that opens a new membership with at least 2 qualifying products (savings/checking or savings/loan). The referred member will also receive $100 after 30 days so long as they have either a checking (or Swipe & Go) account or loan.
- Bonus may appear on 1099 tax form; Member is responsible for paying all taxes associated with the reward.
- Stark Federal Credit Union reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. Credit Union employees, officials and members of their immediate family are not eligible to receive referral rewards.
- This promo will run from March 1 to May 31, 2020.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule.
Seems like an easy $100 bonus if it turns out to be a soft pull. If anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times