Update 5/1/21: Deal is back and valid until December 31, 2021. Hat tip to -Ying Liang
Update 10/18/20: Deal is back and valid until December 31, 2020.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Offer available to Ohio residents only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, or recurring ACH deposit
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
September 6th, 2019December 31, 2020
- Westfield Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open new account with at least $250
- Receive a monthly direct deposit or recurring ACH debit/credit
The Fine Print
- To obtain the $100 bonus, a new Dream Big, Dream Big with Savings, Reserve, Simply, or 50+ Checking account must be opened with an initial deposit of at least $250 on or before September 6, 2019.
- The new account must be opened with money not currently on deposit at Westfield Bank, FSB, and a monthly direct deposit or recurring ACH debit/credit must be established.
- We will pay the bonus by crediting $100 to your new Westfield Bank checking account as interest within 10 days of account opening and after the required minimum opening deposit is made.
- There is a limit of one bonus per household (same address). The bonus will be reported to the IRS as interest income.
- Your account must remain open for 180 calendar days, or the amount of the bonus will be deducted from the account at closing.
- Offer available to Ohio residents only. Individual account terms and conditions apply.
- This offer is not available to individuals who have received a bonus from Westfield Bank in the last 12 months.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a dream big account with no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is a $50 fee if you close your account within 12 months of account opening.
Probably worth doing as it’s a soft pull and can easily meet the requirements.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times