Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: No
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: January 31, 2021
- One Finance is offering current Simple Bank customers a bonus of up to $100 when they switch over to One Finance (Simple Bank is shutting down). Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Get a 10% bonus (up to $50) on your first funding amount. Must have an account balance of $50 and make 5 card transactions within 45 days of account opening
- Earn another $50 when you add a qualifying paycheck direct deposit
The Fine Print
- Users must fund One account from Simple account between 10:00am PST 1/7/2021 and 11:59pm PST 1/31/2021.
- User will receive a 10% bonus (up to $50) on their first Simple transfer if at 11:59pm PST 4/1/2021 their One account is in good standing and has an account balance of $50+, and the user made 5 One card transactions within 45 days of account creation. The bonus will be deposited into the user’s Spend Pocket by 11:59pm PST 4/15/2021.
- This promotion does not apply to users who were One customers before 1/7/2021.
- This promotion may be combined with other One promotions.
- Excludes money transfers and peer-to-peer payments. One reserves the right to refuse to pay a promotional bonus if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the bonus was claimed under wrongful or fraudulent circumstances.
- One reserves the right to end or modify any promotion at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
As far as I know there is no early account termination fee.
Unfortunately only available to current Simple Bank customers. One Finance is useful as it also offers 3% APY, standard sign up bonus is only $50. You can read our full review of One Finance here. Won’t add this to the best checking promotions as obviously most people won’t be Simple Bank customers and it’s too late to sign up.
Hat tip to reader Lefty Dollars
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times