Update 7/17/21: Available again until 7/31/21.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Membership in Orange County’s Credit Union is available to anyone who lives or works in Orange or Riverside Counties or the neighboring communities of Long Beach, Lakewood, Cerritos, or Signal Hill
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $100, Visa or Mastercard
- Monthly fees: $0-$6, waivable
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, bonus forfeit
- Expiration date: November 30th, 2016
- Open a new checking account with Orange County’s Credit Union and receive a bonus of $100 when you do the following within 60 days:
- Open new account, using promotional code BUNDLE350
- Set up free eStatements
- Set up Debit Mastercard
- Complete one of the following:
- 5 debit card purchases
- Set up direct deposit
The Fine Print
- Present by November 30, 2016 to receive offer. All accounts are subject to normal approval standards.
- This offer is available to “new” Members only. A “new” Member is defined as a person who has never been an owner or signer of a checking or savings account or loan at Orange County’s Credit Union.
- Must open a personal checking account, enroll in e-Statements, sign up and qualify for a Debit MasterCard, and either set up and receive Direct Deposit or make 5 Debit Card purchases within 60 days.
- Social Security can be used as a direct deposit for Basic, Interest, and Pacific checking accounts.
- Bonus paid by deposit to the new checking account.
- Bonus typically paid within 90 days.
- Bonus represents dividends deposited into your account and may be reported to the IRS. Any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
- The new checking account must remain open for 90 days and maintain e-Statement preference for 90 days or bonus may be reversed.
- Offer available for personal checking accounts including Pacific Checking for youth/students.
- Money Market accounts are considered savings accounts.
- Social Security can be used as a direct deposit for Basic, Interest, and Pacific Checking accounts. Minimum opening deposit is $25 for Basic, Interest, and Pacific Checking accounts; no minimum deposit required for Better Than Free Checking account.
- Offer not available in conjunction with other offers.
- Membership in Orange County’s Credit Union is available to anyone who lives or works in Orange or Riverside Counties or the neighboring communities of Long Beach, Lakewood, Cerritos, or Signal Hill. Membership fee is $5.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a better than free checking account with no monthly minimums or fees. You do need to keep the account open for 90 days, otherwise the bonus will be forfeit. Unfortunately the better than free checking account has to be opened in branch, if you open online your best bet is the basic checking account this has a $6 fee that is waived with a balance of $750+.
This is a nice bonus, it’s relatively low but you don’t need a direct deposit to trigger it and you can also fund $2,500 with a credit card. If I lived within the service area I’d be signing up for this one, because of that I’ve added it to our list of the best bank bonuses. They offered a similar $100 bonus previously.
Big thanks to reader, DD who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank