Update 3/5/22: Deal is back and valid until 12/31/22.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $350
- Availability: PA only. Must live, work or worship in Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two direct deposits of $250+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None listed
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
October 31, 2021 December 31, 2021December 31, 2022
- Ardent Credit Union is offering a $350 checking bonus when you open a new Cashback Checking or High-Yield Checking accounts. Bonus is broken down as follows must be done within 90 days of account opening and must use promo code CK350 when signing up:
- Make 8 debit card purchases ($100),
- Make two qualifying direct deposit ($200)
- Enroll in eStatements ($50)
The Fine Print
- Offer valid through October 31, 2021.
- Deadline subject to change.
- Valid on Cashback Checking or High-Yield Checking accounts. New checking account holders only. Bonus amount based on completion of three actions: make 8 debit card purchases ($100), one qualifying direct deposit ($200) and enroll in eStatements ($50) within 60 days of account opening. To earn $350, all three actions must be completed. Transactions (debit card purchases and direct deposits) must settle to your account within 60 days. Person-to-person and payment internet service transfers are not a qualifying direct deposit. Account must remain open and membership cannot be suspended or delinquent on any loans to receive the bonus. Bonus deposited into your Ardent checking account within 30 days of meeting the qualifications. Must meet membership eligibility of living, working, worshipping, volunteering or attending school in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery or Philadelphia Counties.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
These account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I didn’t see any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
I always like deals where you can get at least some of the bonus without a direct deposit. This should be worth doing if you live in an eligible area, but we’ve never seen a bonus from Ardent so not sure if it’s a hard or soft pull.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times