Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: PA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $700+ within 45 days
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 12 months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: April 30, 2022
- People First Federal Credit Union is offering a checking bonus of $200 when you meet the following requirements:
- Receive qualifying direct deposits of $700+ within 45 days of account opening
- Receive eStatements
- Complete 15 debit card purchases
The Fine Print
- Offer valid on new consumer checking accounts opened through April 30, 2022. Not available to existing People First Federal Credit Union checking account members or those whose accounts have been closed in good standing within 12 months or closed with a negative balance at any time.
- Offer not available for account conversions.
- Offer limited to one $200 cash bonus per individual taxpayer identification number; requires qualifying direct deposit(s) totaling $700 or more into account within 45 days of account opening.
- A qualifying direct deposit is a recurring direct deposit of a paycheck, pension or other regular monthly income (including Social Security) electronically deposited into account per statement cycle.
- Personal transfers or deposits made at a branch, online or ATM do not qualify. Cash Bonus Offer also requires enrollment in eStatements and 15 debit card transactions within 60 days of account opening.
- People First Federal Credit Union will fulfill bonus within 60 days of qualification.
- The $200 bonus will be held (frozen) in your account until the account is 6 months old and released thereafter. Offer may be withdrawn or changed at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for 12 months otherwise the bonus is forfeit.
We don’t really know anything about this credit union, so if anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times