Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: PA only
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Complete six transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: September 30, 2021
- Philadelphia Federal Credit Union is offering a $100 referral bonus to both parties when the new users opens a checking account and keeps their account active (by completing at least six transactions)
The Fine Print
- All new accounts are subject to PFCU standard account membership terms and disclosures.
- Eligible account types are Basic and CU Succeed. Referring and new members must be active (by conducting at least six transactions) and remain in good standing in order to receive incentive within 90 days from the date of new member’s account opening.
- Existing primary members and joint owners opening a new membership do not qualify as a new member.
- Former members qualify as a new member provided their previous account was closed six months prior to the date of reopen. A member may not engage in fraudulent activity to earn a referral bonus.
- Member referral bonuses are taxable dividends and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- The first member who refers an eligible new member will receive the referral bonus. PFCU may modify the terms of the referral program without prior notice by modifying the referral program rules.
- PFCU reserves the right to end this program at any time. $100 incentive valid September 1-30, 2021 only.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
PFCU checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Feel free to share your referrals in the comments, but first let us know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open an account. Requirements for this bonus are super easy and if you can refer a friend or two as well the bonus becomes even better. We will add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses if it’s a soft pull.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times