Update 12/17/20: They are now offering a 3 month free trial subscription. Be sure to cancel if you don’t want to get charged. (ht @AddingPennies)
Update 11/23/20: Offer is back for free coffee through end of year 2020. Must sign up at this link between 11/23 – 11/30. (ht reader Cindy)
Update 8/18/20: Looks like this has now been extended through 10/31/20 for everybody.
Update 8/12/20: You can now get free coffee through 10/31/20 if you refer two friends; all 3 of you will get free unlimited coffee through 10/31/20. Hat tip to reader Bob (no referrals in the comments here)
Update 8/6/20: You can now get a free pastry or sweet treat when signing up to MyPanera in addition to this free coffee deal (free pastry/sweet treat is a once off though).
Update 7/26/20: You can now sign up through September 7th when the promo ends. Previously it stated you had to sign up before 7/4.
- Panera Bread is offering free unlimited coffee (includes ice coffee) through September 7th for MyPanera+ subscribers, for both existing subscribers and new subscribers.
Regular cost for the unlimited subscription is $8.99/month, you can sign up for this offer and get 2.5 months free with no purchase necessary.
The Fine Print
- New subscribers: No purchase required. For new subscribers who sign up for a MyPanera+ Coffee Subscription from 6/8 through 7/4/2020 (“Subscription Sign Up Period”). You will receive a free coffee subscription from the date you sign up during the Subscription Sign Up Period through 9/7/2020 (“New Free Subscription Period”). Must be 18 years or older and be a MyPanera member to subscribe to the MyPanera Coffee+ coffee program (“Program”). Visit http:/www.panerabread.com/MyPaneraCoffee during the Subscription Sign Up Period and complete all required information on the subscription page. You must enter a valid major credit card and accept the Program Terms and Conditions. If you do not cancel before your next renewal date after 9/7/2020, you will be charged $8.99 plus tax on your next renewal date (based on the date you signed up during the Subscription Sign Up Period). If you cancel, your free subscription will end 30 days after your renewal date.
- Current Subscribers: Your coffee subscription will be free from 6/8–9/7/2020 or your current renewal date thereafter (“Current Free Subscription Period”). You will not be charged your regular monthly renewal fees during the Current Free Subscription Period. If you do not cancel before your next renewal date after 9/7/2020, you will be charged $8.99 plus tax on your next renewal date (based on your current renewal date).
- All Subscribers: Registration available online only except for Kiosk. You may cancel at any time. If you do not cancel, your credit card will automatically be charged $8.99 plus tax for the monthly subscription and will be charged on a recurring monthly basis every thirty (30) days thereafter until you cancel your subscription. To cancel your subscription online, visit the Subscription section at http:/www.panerabread.com/MyPaneraCoffee or on the Panera Bread app. You can also call Panera Customer Service at 1-855-372-6372 to cancel your subscription. Offer limited to hot coffee, hot tea and iced coffee plus unlimited refills. Excludes cold brew iced coffee and espresso and cappuccino beverages. Subscription program registration and redemption available at participating U.S. bakery-cafes only. Excludes third party delivery and catering orders. One subscription per person.
This ran a similar promotion earlier this year for one month free; this deal gives 2 and half free months. Could be a nice savings for someone who buys their coffee daily from Starbucks, Dunkin, etc. Be sure to cancel before the promo ends if you don’t want to be charged the regular $8.99 monthly fee.
The subscription itself sounds like a nice savings for someone who buys a daily coffee too, especially for someone who buys more than one daily; nice time to try this out. I bet they aren’t trying to make money on the coffee, just on the additional items purchased alongside.
Update: everyone is up in arms that after signing up the account shows that you’ll be charged in one month. The terms are clear that this is free through 9/7/20; I would assume it’s not reflecting properly in the login, and in practice I assume you will not be charged until after 9/7/20 (or likely even later than that – on your renewal date after 9/7/20, e.g. if you signed up on 6/22/20, you might get free coffee until 9/22/20).
Hat tip to reader Scott
- Update 7/3/20: You have until 7/4 to sign up for this offer.