Direct Link to offer (affiliate link here and below)
- Amazon store (Synchrony) credit cardholders who are Prime members will earn 6% cashback on purchases made on Amazon on Prime Day, July 15th and July 16th. This is instead of the standard 5% cashback.
The Fine Print
- Earn an extra 1% Back (for a total of 6% Back) with an eligible Prime membership on purchases at Amazon.com.
- During the promotional period of 12 am PT, July 15, 2019 until 11:59 pm PT, July 16, 2019, earn a total of 6% Back per $1 spent at Amazon.com when you use your Amazon Prime Store Card with an eligible Prime membership.
- That’s an extra 1% Back in addition to the 5% Back you already earn at Amazon.com. 6% Back equates to $0.06 in % Back rewards, which is equal to 6 points, for each $1 spent.
- The extra 1% Back earned for this promotion will be posted to your account as bonus points during the applicable monthly billing cycle and are generally available to be used at the beginning of the next billing cycle; bonus points earned on purchases made near the end of a billing cycle may take up to one additional billing cycle to become available.
- The extra 1% Back is on eligible purchases made using your Amazon Prime Store Card, excluding purchases made through Subscribe and Save, Installments, Prime Wardrobe, and Amazon Fresh.
- Offer only applies to the portion of net qualifying purchases (purchases less returns and other credits) of eligible items paid for with an Amazon Prime Store Card at Amazon.com. Any portion paid using another payment form (including, but not limited to, gift cards and rewards points) may not receive the percentage back bonus.
- Offer may not be combined with any Special Financing or Equal Pay offers.
- Offer does not apply to shipping charges, taxes or other fees associated with the purchase of an eligible product.
- Please allow up to two billing cycles (a) for your earned rewards points to be credited to your Amazon.com Store Card or Amazon Prime Store Card account and (b) if you elect to redeem your rewards points as a statement credit, for such statement credit to be applied to your Amazon.com Store Card or Amazon Prime Store Card account.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. If any products related to the offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
We just posted a similar offer for Chase Amazon cardholders, glad to see this offer for store cardholders too. Note the difference: that offer includes Whole Foods while the store card – which only works on Amazon.com – does not. Looks like this is a public offer, I imagine they’ll send out an email about this offer to cardholders at some point.
Nice little bump here for Prime Day where users are spending more than usual. Another interesting idea is to stock up on Amazon gift cards and Whole Foods gift cards during Prime Day to lock in the extra 1% cashback. Third party gift cards and $200 Visa gift cards are also an option as well.
Hat tip to reader TanT