- Quontic digital bank is offering an high-yield checking account with 1.01% APY on balances up to $150,000 when you make ten purchases of $10 or more each statement cycle.
The Fine Print
- The following activities are not considered qualifying POS debit card transactions and do not count toward earning rewards: ATM- processed transactions; transfers between accounts; purchases made with debit cards not issued by our bank; cash over portions of point-of-sale transactions; Peer-to-Peer (P2P) payments (such as Apple Pay Cash*); loan payments or account funding made with your debit card and purchases made using third-party payment accounts.
- Transactions may take one or more business days from the date the transaction was made to post and settle to an account.
- Online Account Opening is only available to consumers.
- Information is accurate as of September 8, 2021 and may change without notice.
At this time, the top-earning accounts are in the .50-.80% range. This account has a nice $150,000 limit on the 1.01% APY rate, but it does have the ten $10 transaction requirement which is a pain. The requirement also uses up some spend which could have gone on a rewards credit card. Still, if someone has a lot of cash on hand this account might make sense. We’ll add this to our list of Best High Yield Savings Accounts.