Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: AL, TN, GA, MS, MO, AR, IN, KY, IL, OH, MI, PA, FL, NC, WV, VA
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 5 debit card purchases & online banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,300
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Expiration date: December 31, 2021
- Redstone Federal Credit Union is offering a $100 bonus for both the referrer and referee when the person being referred completes the following requirements:
- Access online banking once
- Use your debit card five times
- You can refer a maximum of five people
The Fine Print
- Note: the promotion is only available to the first 4,000 participants from the following states: Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina, West Virginia and Virginia.
- Promotion available 9/1/2021 – 12/31/2021.
- Must be RFCU® member in good standing as defined by RFCU Bylaws and must be referred by an existing RFCU member.
- The participant must not have had an RFCU checking account within the past 24 months.
- The participant must notify RFCU of the referral code at account opening.
- Business accounts are not eligible.
- The promotion consists of: $100 first RFCU checking bonus, $100 referral incentive.
- In order to receive the $100 checking bonus, within 30 days of account opening the participant must make at least 5 point of sale (POS) purchase transactions with the debit card associated with the new checking account and set up and access Redstone’s online banking at least one time.
- Limited to one checking bonus per participant and cannot be combined with any other checking offers.
- Promotion is limited to 5 checking incentives per referring member.
- Bonus and incentive will be deposited into the members’ primary checking account within 90 days of account opening, but no later than 3/31/2022, if the promotion requirements are met.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Easy checking account is the easiest account to keep fee free. This has a $5 monthly fee that is waived with a direct deposit or with an average daily balance of $100+.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any mention of an early account termination fee in their fee schedule.
Great bonus as no direct deposit is required and you have the chance to refer people as well. Do not share your referrals in this post, please keep it to discussing the actual bonus. You can share your referrals in the linked post. This will be added to our best bank account bonus page.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times