Update 3/21/21: Person referring now gets three free stocks. Person being referred only gets one.
- Robinhood is offering a bonus for both parties when the referred user signs up and is approved for a new account. You’ll both get a share of free stock worth anywhere from $3 and $150.
The Fine Print
- You have to keep the cash value of the stock in your account for at least 30 days before withdrawing it. After the 30-day window, there are no restrictions on the money.
- Limit one offer per qualified referral with a maximum of one account per client.
Please note that inviting friends isn’t currently available for everybody, only select users can refer friends. If your referral link does not say “there’s a free stock waiting for you” you’re not eligible. You can share your link, but you must follow the following rules. If you fail to follow the rules, your link will be removed.
- YOUR LINK MUST MENTION THE FREE SHARE BONUS (here’s an example link that does)
- Post a new comment, this comment can only contain:
- Your full link, no URL shortened links
- If it contains anything else, it will be removed
- You must post a new comment, you cannot reply to any other comments if you’re including a referral link
- Please follow these rules or we will simply stop giving you the ability to share your links.
If you’re using somebody’s referral link, thanks for supporting other readers on this site. We recommend you pick a reader you recognize as posting helpful comments or other information around the site.
Previously the deal was for $10, now it’s for a share of a stock. Really depends on how luck you get on what bonus is better, I imagine they had too many people just signing up and waiting to withdraw the $10 and that’s why they have replaced it with this. Robinhood charges no monthly maintenance fees and zero-dollar commission trades, you can read how they make money here.