Update 6/4/21: $200 offer is back (up from $100). Not sure how long this will last, in the past the $200 offer remained for around one-and-half months. Hat tip to reader EJ Morales
- Schwab Investor Card from American Express is offering a sign up bonus of $200 after $2,000 in spend within the first three months of Card Membership.
- Valid until
- Card earns 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for six months ($5/3% balance transfer fee)
- No annual fee
- Must have an eligible Schwab account. Can get a $100 bonus currently.
- Sign up bonus is once per lifetime
The bonus on this card has always been $100 after $1,000 in spend, so both the bonus and minimum spend requirement have been doubled. I personally can’t see them offering a bonus greater than $200 anytime soon, so it might be a good chance to jump on the card now. Card is only useful for the sign up bonus, as there are plenty of cards that earn at a higher rate than 1.5% cash back on all purchases. This is one of the better cash sign up bonuses.
Because American Express bonuses are once per lifetime you really only want to apply when they are offering their highest bonus and this is the case here. I think it’s worth applying if you value cash sign up bonuses, can meet the minimum spend requirement and already have an Schwab account (otherwise it’s a hard pull to open one. But as mentioned it comes with a $100 bonus as well and it is a very useful account). It’s not such a crazy good bonus that everybody should apply for it, so I won’t be adding it to our best credit card sign up bonus page but it’ll still be useful for a lot of people. As always please read this post on everything you should know about American Express cards.
- Update 9/25/20: $200 bonus is back again through 11/4/20. (It was down to $100 for the past 10 months or so.) Hat tip to olmsted
- Reposting 9/27/19 as offer is back and valid until 11/6/2019. Hat tip to reader Chris S
- Reposting 6/27/18 as offer is back through August 15th (HT: reader Alex). Originally posted on 10/30/17.