- Those who have an address in Seattle, Washington can get a $50 Delta Airlines credit when joining Delta’s Skymiles loyalty program.
The Fine Print
- This eCredit is valid for the dollar amount indicated above. When the ticket is issued in currency other than USD, the value should be converted to the currency of the country of payment at the Bankers Rate of Exchange in effect on the date of ticket issuance, and the rate of exchange must be indicated on the ticket. This Delta eCredit may not be altered by the agent of any carrier named herein. The recipient of the offer must enroll in the promotion by June 30 (ending 11:59:59 PM, U.S. PST on 6/30/2021. An eCredit will expire 180 days after the date of issuance. The eCredit is non-transferable and must be used for a ticket in the name of the person on the qualifying new SkyMiles account.
- This is a private, non-transferable offer, only intended for the recipient who receives this offer directly from Delta by email, at an email address owned by the recipient or displayed directly to the recipient on delta.com. To receive the offer, the recipient must have a primary address located in the Seattle, Washington designated market area. The recipient of the offer must enroll in the promotion by June 30 (ending 11:59:59 PM, U.S. PST on 6/30/2021) in order to receive the eCredit. The eCredit may take up to 48 hours to be credited into the new SkyMiles Member’s account. This eCredit is applicable to new SkyMiles accounts only. This eCredit is not applicable for existing SkyMiles accounts or for any person whose prior SkyMiles account has been closed for any reason. The eCredit will be removed if a new account is merged with an existing account. There is a limit to one eCredit per eligible SkyMiles Member during the promotional period, meaning the maximum eCredit amount per SkyMiles Member will be capped at $50. After enrolling, new Members must redeem the eCredit and purchase a ticket with the eCredit within 180 days of receiving the eCredit.
- Only flights that are marketed or operated by Delta and Delta Connection will be eligible; Delta marketed flights must be operated by one of the following carriers: Air France, AeroMexico, Alitalia, Korean Air, KLM, China Eastern, Virgin Atlantic, West Jet, China Airlines. Travel on other carriers must be ticketed separately at applicable fare, and this Delta eCredit cannot be applied to these flights. Delta eCredits may only be used toward the total purchase price of air transportation, including taxes, fees, and surcharges imposed on the air transportation. Delta eCredits are valid on both published and unpublished fares. This Delta eCredit will not be honored when purchasing Prepaid Tickets, Award Travel, gift certificates, baggage charges, Upgrades or seat selection fees, payments on account or Delta eCerts Agency Discounts. Delta eCredits can be redeemed towards any available product cabin and no route restrictions apply. Once ticketed, penalties may apply for changes, per the fare rule purchased. The ticket must be validated on DL/006 ticket stock and the PNR (reservation number) must contain only DL-operated or marketed flights.
- Promotional Reference Code: Please refer Delta customer service representative to 218501.
- eCredit will be added to Member’s SkyMiles account. Allow up to 48 hours after enrolling in offer for eCredit to appear.
- Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers and benefits are subject to change without notice. All Delta SkyMiles Program rules apply to SkyMiles Program Membership; miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.
- If the value of the eCredit voucher is greater than the transportation purchased, remaining value will be issued to the original recipient, and the remaining value will be stored in Delta’s electronic database which may be used for the purchase of a future ticket until expiration. For redemptions via the global distribution system, only a one-time use of each certificate is allowed, and no remaining value will be stored by Delta for future use. This offer is subject to change or withdrawal at any time without prior notice. Delta is the final authority on the interpretation of these rules, and these Program Terms and Conditions may be changed by Delta prior to usage and without advance notice. By redeeming the Delta eCredit, the individual named acknowledges the content of these Terms and Conditions and agrees to abide by them.
Seems like a free $50 Delta credit for Seattle residents with a simple, free Skymiles signup. It might not be useful for existing Delta Skymiles members, though the terms sound like it works for anyone who signs up for a new account (you just can’t merge accounts, according to the terms). There’s a similar targeted offer for existing Skymiles members to get $100 credit; this $50 deal sounds like it’ll work for anyone who signs up for a new Skymiles account.
Hat tip to reader @pratikj257