Update 3/23/22: Terms no longer state that it’s only valid for residents of New Hampshire or Falmouth, Massachusetts. Hat tip to reader Sue
Update 4/23/21: Terms now state: Offer valid to new residents of New Hampshire or Falmouth, Massachusetts only and subject to change or be discontinued without notice
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: : MA, NH only. It’s actually available nationwide if you join the ACC (free to join) first
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $249 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- Service Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $100 when you open a new Everyday or Dividend checking account.
- Receive $50 at account opening
- Receive an additional $50 if you complete 10 point of sale debit card transactions within 30 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Must be a member of Service Credit Union with at least $5 in a primary savings account and open a new Everyday or Dividend Checking account to qualify for the $100 offer.
- $50 will be immediately deposited into your account at account opening.
- Additional $50 deposit will be awarded within 60 days after completion of 10 debit card transactions.
- Debit transactions must be point of sale purchase and made within 30 days after account opening.
- Withdrawal and/or deposit does not qualify.
- A 1099-INT will be issued for the cash on your behalf as income.
- Cannot be combined with any other checking offers.
- Offer subject to change or be discontinued without notice.
The everyday checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Previously they offered a $100 referral bonus for both parties, but that required a direct deposit. I doubt we will see that offer return and unless you were getting a friend or family member to refer you then this $100 bonus is effectively the same but easier to meet the requirements for. Worth doing if you didn’t do the other bonus already, will add this to our best bank bonus page.
Hat tip to reader Eric
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times