Check your emails for the following offer on the Venmo credit card from Synchrony:
- Apply for the Venmo credit card by July 31st and get double rewards through December 31st.
You’ll end up getting 6% on your top category, 4% on your second top category, and 2% everywhere else.
- No annual fee
- No sign up bonus
- Card typically earns at the following rates:
- 3% cash back on your Top Spend category
- 2% cash back on your Second Top Spend category
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- 3% & 2% categories have an annual spend limit of $10,000, after that they earn 1% back
- The following categories are eligible for ‘Top Spend’: Dining & Nightlife, Travel, Bills & Utilities, Health & Beauty, Grocery, Gas, Transportation, Entertainment
Lots of people are seeing this offer – not sure if it’s showing for everyone in the Venmo app or it’s targeted to select users via email. The 2% everywhere isn’t very exciting, but 6% and 4% could be interesting, e.g. if you spend a lot on restaurants or grocery stores you can get 6% on that top category with no limit for almost 7 months with no apparent limit.
As noted in the card details, only the following categories are eligible to get the Top Category rate: Dining & Nightlife, Travel, Bills & Utilities, Health & Beauty, Grocery, Gas, Transportation, Entertainment.
Hat tip to reader temp and wade