- SoFi is offering a $20 Amazon gift card just for checking your rate on a home loan.
The Fine Print
- Offer ends 4/30/21
- SoFi reserves the right to change or terminate this Promotion at any time with or without notice to you. No purchase necessary to participate. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Promotion is void where prohibited by state law.
- The Promotion is open to anyone who resides within the United States and is of the age of majority in the state in which they reside.
- To receive a $20 bonus in the form of a gift card through the Promotion you must agree to a soft credit pull on www.SoFi.com to check your rate for one of the following SoFi products: Home Loans. Checking your rate will not affect your credit score. If you later decide to submit an application and agree to a hard credit pull your credit score may be impacted. Participants will receive the $20 bonus gift card regardless of whether or not they are pre-qualified for a SoFi loan product.
- Those who have already received a bonus for checking their rate on a personal loan or home loan in the 2021 calendar year are not eligible for this promotion.
- SoFi employees are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. Notwithstanding the above, SoFi reserves the right to exclude any consumer from participating in the Promotion for any reason, including suspected fraud, misuse, or if suspicious activities are observed.
- The Promotion is available beginning on 12:00am Eastern Time on April 15, 2021 and ending 11:59 PM Eastern Time on April 30, 2021.
- Participants are limited to one (1) total check your rate bonus and three (3) per household.
- All payouts are fulfilled by SoFi’s vendor Customer Motivators. Eligible participants will receive an email from Customer Motivators with a unique code and a link to a web page to redeem for a $20 bonus gift card.
- Bonus amounts of $600 or greater in a single calendar year may be reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as miscellaneous income to the recipient on Form 1099-MISC in the year received as required by applicable law. Recipient is responsible for any applicable federal, state or local taxes associated with receiving the bonus offer; consult your tax advisor to determine applicable tax consequences.
We’ve seen similar deals for checking other loan rates; this is the first one for home loans. I don’t recall anyone complaining about spam or the like from doing the deal, so it seems like a nice offer for simply checking your rate.
Hat tip to reader Jason and vc