- Earn a bonus between $25 and $2,500 when you transfer your investments to SoFi Invest.
Transfer Amount / Bonus:
- $0.01-$19,999.99 / $25
- $20,000-$99,999.99 / $125
- $100,000-$249,999.99 / $250
- $250,000-$499,999.99 / $500
- $500,000-$999,999.99 / $1,000
- $1,000,000 + / $2,500
The Fine Print
- Earn a bonus (as described below) when you transfer investments from another brokerage firm into a taxable SoFi Invest Active Brokerage or Active retirement account (Traditional, Roth, or SEP IRA).
- Bonus amounts are based on the one-time total dollar amount you transfer during the incentive period.
- This offer is good between now and 2/28/21.
- All bonuses will be paid into the same account you transferred investments into within 14 business days of the conclusion of the offer period.
- Assets are required to remain in your SoFi account for 180 days following the conclusion of the offer period.
- SoFi reserves the right to recoup up to the bonus amount from any withdrawals that take place prior to the 180-day period.
- Important Tax Information: The value of the reward you receive may constitute taxable income. SoFi Securities LLC may issue a Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) to you that reflects the value of the reward. Please consult your tax advisor. SoFi Securities LLC and its affiliates and associates do not provide tax advice.
Reader Daniel got an email about this offer with the tiers and all; it seems to be available on the public landing page, above. However, not many details are found on the public page, and I’m not entirely sure if this is a public offer or not. It’s possible you’ll see it on login or you can confirm with SoFi that your account is valid for the offer.
It requires $1M to get the full $2,500 bonus. Compare that against other brokerage bonuses in our post Best Brokerage Bonuses – Earn Up To $3,500. In the past, there have been numerous SoFi Invest bonuses of smaller amounts with lower deposit requirements to get you used to their platform; this offer is more in the mold of the traditional brokerage bonus where they are trying to get people will balances to bring over their investments.