Southwest has announced a two billion dollar plan as part of a five year investment to improve the customer experience. The major changes are:
- Bring enhanced WiFi connectivity onboard aircraft;
- Install latest-technology onboard power ports to charge personal devices at every seat;
- Offer larger overhead bins with more space and easier access to carryon items;
- Launch a new fare category with added flexibility and value, Wanna Get Away PlusTM;
- Introduce more entertainment options and a wider selection of refreshments in the cabin; and,
- Enable new self-service capabilities to bring elevated ease in doing business with Southwest, benefiting Employees and Customers.
In seat power ports are the big addition for me, especially for longer flights.