Direct link to offer (scroll to promotions)
- Southwest is offering a free companion pass when you book two round trip flights through the corporate advantage program. Flights must be completed between January 18 and February 28. Companion pass good for March 1 through June 30, 2021.
The Fine Print
- Register for this promotion, then book and fly two qualifying round trip Southwest® flights from January 18 to 5pm CST on February 28, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”) to earn a Promotional Companion Pass* valid for use between March 1 to June 30, 2021.
- To register for this promotion, you will need to provide your Southwest Rapid Rewards® account number at the time of registration. If you do not have a Rapid Rewards account number, you may register for an account by going online to Southwest.com/rapidrewards to become a Member. Rapid Rewards accounts are free.
- Registration must be completed prior to booking and commencement of travel. Valid on new qualifying revenue flights booked during the Promotion Period for travel during the Promotion Period and flown within the Promotion Period. Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking Member’s qualifying flights to earn a Promotional Companion Pass valid for use between March 1 and June 30, 2021.
- A qualifying flight is a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines® from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal.
- Travel booked or flown prior to registration for this promotion is not eligible for the Promotional Companion Pass offer.
- Charter flights, group travel, Southwest Vacation® Packages and reservations made using Rapid Rewards points do not qualify for this promotion.
- Valid on Southwest Airlines published scheduled service.
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion.
- The Promotional Companion Pass is valid from March 1 to June 30, 2021 and allows you to designate one person to fly with you, free of airline charges (does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way). The designee to fly with you, free of airline charges (does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way), may not be designated until March 1, 2021.
- No points or tier or Companion Pass qualifying points will be awarded for flights taken by the Companion when flying on a Promotional Companion Pass or Companion Pass reservation.
- You may change your designated Companion up to three times while you have Promotional Companion Pass.
If you earn Companion Pass in 2021 by earning 125,000 Companion Pass qualifying points or flying 100 qualifying flights, any changes to your designated Companion during the time you have Promotional
- Companion Pass will reduce the number of changes you can make to your designated Companion in the 2021 calendar year. For example, if you earn a Promotional Companion Pass through this promotion, change your designated Companion twice during the validity period for Promotional Companion Pass, and later in 2021 earn Companion Pass, you would only be able to change your designated Companion one more time in 2021. Companion Pass is not transferable.
Very restricted in terms of dates and also how long the companion pass lasts for. If you’re already traveling for work then this could be an easy free companion pass but keep in mind it doesn’t apply to flights already booked or award travel.
Hat tip to FM