Update 2/3/22: Deal is back on Swagbucks for 1,500. Slightly lower now on MyPoints at 2,000. I’m not sure if the AA or Citi offers are still around.
Swagbucks | MyPoints or MyPoints
- Get 1,500 Swagbucks ($15) or 2,500 MyPoints (worth around $15.75) when signing up for AARP.
- Simplymiles offers 1,000 AAdvantage miles with the purchase of a membership (this is a card-linked offer which is valid for any Mastercard linked to the simplymiles website).
- Some people have a Citi Merchant offers to get 20% back on AARP purchase of $12+ which will get you an additional discount.
The Fine Print
- SB will appear as Pending for 32 days.
- SB are determined by Swagbucks, not AARP.
- This offer is only available to new AARP Members. (reader Troy tells us that it worked for him despite having had AARP membership in the past which had since expired)
- Must submit valid name, address, credit card and other subscription information to earn SB.
- SB may be revoked if you cancel within 32 days.
- Offer may only be redeemed once (1) per user.
- If you are not credited within 32 days of offer completion, you have 14 days to contact the Swagbucks Help Center for further investigation. Help Center tickets submitted after the 14 day grace period are not eligible for further investigation and SB.
AARP costs $16 per year, or $12 per year when you enable auto-renew. Either option is fine for the purposes of earning the Swagbucks/MyPoints, just set yourself a reminder to cancel the auto-renew if you don’t want to get hit with the charge.
Assuming you do auto-renew, you’ll end up with: free AARP membership + $3 moneymaker after Swagbucks + 1,000 AA miles + $2.40 from Citi Offers.
Anyone can get AARP membership, regardless of age, and it can be useful for various discounts and the like. (The Swagbucks/MP page mentions being age 50+, but these offers should track fine regardless of age, I’d assume).
Big thanks to reader Troy for letting us know about the deal and stack.
If you’re new to Swagbucks then please read our review. You can get a bonus of up to $13 by using a referral link.
- William’s Swagbucks referral Link
- Chuck’s Swagbucks referral Link
- Use a readers Swagbucks referral link
- Chuck’s MyPoints referral link