Update 12/19/20: New deal will start 12/20 according to Slickdeals. Not sure what rebates if any will be available this time. You can use this browser extension to find out your SOC. More information in this reddit thread.
Update 11/25/20: Deal is now active, has been confirmed that the Costco rebate works as well.
Update 11/24/20: This deal is coming back starting tomorrow (11/25). List of eligible SOC codes here. How to find your SOC code here. You can also stack it with this $100 rebate promo (or this $200 promo from Costco). The T-Mobile subreddit is the best place for more information/to ask questions.
- New and existing T-Mobile customers will be able to get a free voice line in store or via T-Force (T-Force is T-Mobile’s social media team. You can also text 611 and reference ‘Doc 20Q23‘).
- New customers must activate 2 voice lines and the third line will be free
- Existing customers must have at least two paid voice lines.
The Fine Print
- Excludes discounted plans (military, first responder, 55+ and T-Mobile ONE All-In Promo plans)
- The new line must be from activation and not transferred from a existing T-Mobile account.
- Change of responsibility or transferring an existing Customer for the 5th line is not eligible for this promotion.
- That line will have Unlimited calls and text with data of 4GB like the current data of your line.
- Unlimited data for new line is cost $30.
- Also, as long as you will not change your plan or will not cancel any lines on your account, the 5th new line will be free.
Deal is now live, if you speak to a representative that doesn’t know what you’re talking about then reference Doc 20Q23. Sprint is already offering a free unlimited line for existing customers. T-Mobile & Sprint have merged in a massive deal. That Sprint deal is better as only one line instead of two are required for the freebie.
- Update 9/24/20: Today is the last day
- Update 9/18/20: Deal is back and you should be eligible even if you did the same deal earlier in the year. You can find a list of eligible SOCs here. Learn how to find out your SOC here.
- Update 9/16/20: This is coming back on 9/18. It also stacks with the free line from back in July. Reps cannot add the deal early so you need to wait until the 18th. Hat tip to reddit
- Update 7/6/20: I accidentally scheduled the update for 7/24 instead of 7/4. Sorry to those who missed the Costco deal as a result.
- Update 7/4/20: Costco is having a promotion tomorrow where you can add your free line and also get a $100 gift card. The ran the same promotion on July 3rd and it worked, so I assume it’ll work tomorrow as well. Hat tip to SD
Hat tip to SD