Update 2/15/21: Showing again. Hat tip to San
Update 8/8/20 This upgrade offer is showing for people again. Hat tip to Toastbuns
- Some American Express green cardholders are being offered 40,000 Membership Rewards points after $2,000 in spend within the first three months when they upgrade their card to the American Express Gold card.
- Annual fee of $250 NOT waived first year
- Card will earn at the following rates:
- 4x points at U.S. Restaurants
- 4x points at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 in spend per calendar year)
- 3x points for flights booked directly with airlines
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $120 dining credit. This is a $10 monthly credit that can be used at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Shake Shack
- $100 airline fee credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- Full American Express Gold card review can be found here.
If you have any questions about upgrade offers, please read this post before asking any questions. General American Express questions are likely answered here. You should be able to get the bonus points from this offer even if you’ve held the Gold card before, so might be worth considering from that perspective as you’d normally not be able to get a sign up bonus like this again.
Hat tip to LumpyLump76