Check your AmEx Offers for the following deal on American Express Marriott Bonvoy and Bonvoy Brilliant cards:
- Enroll to earn 8 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points on top of the 2 points you already earn (for a total of 10 points) for each dollar of purchases made with PayPal. Earn up to 50,000 bonus points through 12/31/21.
The Fine Print
- Offer is only available to eligible basic Marriott Bonvoy American Express® Card and Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express® Card Members who enroll by December 17, 2021.
- Starting from the time you complete enrollment, you will have through December 31, 2021 (“Purchase Period”) to meet the required criteria for qualifying purchases.
- You will earn 8 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points on top of the 2 points you already earn with your Marriott Bonvoy American Express® Card or your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express® Card (for a total of 10 points) for each dollar of eligible purchases when you use the Card for transactions made with PayPal at eligible merchants, on up to 50,000 bonus points in total eligible purchases with your enrolled Card.
- Valid only for purchases made in U.S. Dollars using U.S. PayPal accounts. PayPal accounts associated with any non-U.S. country are ineligible. Purchases made by both the Basic Card Member and Additional Card Members on the Card Account are eligible for the offer. To make a payment with PayPal, enter your Marriott Bonvoy American Express® Card or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express® Card details into your PayPal account and select PayPal checkout. Then, when making a purchase at an eligible merchant, select your eligible American Express Card at PayPal checkout.
- Eligible purchases means purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, person-to-person payments, the purchase or reloading of prepaid cards, and purchases of other cash equivalents. Additional terms and restrictions apply.
- Points received from your Card will be posted to your Marriott Bonvoy member account up to 12 weeks after the end of each month. To be eligible to receive points, Card Member’s account must not be cancelled or in default at the time of bonus fulfillment. Points may appear on your account in more than one deposit. Points may be reversed if the eligible purchase is returned.
- If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as eligible for the offer, you will not receive the bonus Marriott Bonvoy points. For example, your transaction will not be eligible if it is not made with your PayPal account, or if your transaction was not made directly with your eligible American Express card that is linked to your PayPal account. This includes but is not limited to payments made online at checkout without selecting PayPal. Additionally, if American Express determines that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the offer in any way or that you intend to do so, we may not credit the offer to, we may freeze the offer credited to, or we may take away the offer from your Account. For additional information, call the number on the back of your Card.
- Merchants are assigned codes based on what they primarily sell. We group certain merchant codes into categories that are eligible for additional Points. A purchase with a merchant will not receive additional Points if the merchant’s code is not included in a reward category. You may not receive additional Points if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as eligible for a reward category. For example, you may not receive additional Points when: a merchant uses a third-party to sell their products or services; or a merchant uses a third-party to process or submit your transaction to us (e.g., using mobile or wireless card readers); or you choose to make a purchase using a third-party payment account or make a purchase using a mobile or digital wallet. Please visit americanexpress.com/rewards-info for more information about rewards. POID: GGKN:0001
Reader Jonathan sent this one in. I’m not sure if it’s available for all Marriott Bonvoy and Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant cardholders or targeted. It should show up at the top of your AmEx Offers if it’s available to you. Let us know if you find a direct link or some other way to find the offer.
This is quite a nice offer for PayPal which can be used widely for thousands of merchants, as well as tax payments, charity, etc. Max this out with $5,000 in PayPal spend, though you might want to first use up your $1,500 Chase Freedom 5% category limit.