Update 4/9/22: More people targeted
Update 4/22/21: More people targeted.
Update 3/30/21: 75k offer now also has 10x on gas & grocer for up to $15,000 in spend in the first six months.
Update 3/11/21: Deal is available again, this time an offer of up to 75,000 is available.
- Get 75,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases on the American Express Platinum Card in the first 3 months from the date your account is upgraded.
- Annual fee of $550 is not waived the first year
- Authorized Platinum cards are $175 for three user (then $175 per Platinum)
- Authorized Gold cards are free
- Full details here
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent on purchases made with airlines or with American Express Travel
- 5x points per $1 spent on hotel bookings made directly from the American Express travel website
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- $200 Uber credit ($15 per month and additional $20 in December)
- Lounge access:
- Centurion lounge access
- International American Express lounge access
- Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Priority pass select membership
- Airspace lounge access
- SPG gold status (this will also give you Marriott Gold status)
- Hilton gold status
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓
- No foreign transaction fees
- SoulCycle benefits
- View these other hidden benefits
Two readers just mentioned getting this offer, either via popup in their login or via email. If you haven’t had the card before, you’re better off doing this 100,000 + 10% signup bonus offer, but if not eligible for that offer, then this is a really nice deal. If you have any questions about upgrade offers, please read this post before asking any questions. General American Express questions are likely answered here.
Hat tip to readers Churning_Fun and Art