Check your American Express login for the following upgrade offer. You might see it as an offer or as a pop-up:
- Get 75,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 in purchases on the American Express Platinum Card in the first 6 months from the date your account is upgraded.
- You’ll also get 5x points on Supermarkets, U.S. Gas Stations, and Restaurants for the first six months on up to $15,000 in spend.
- Annual fee of $695 is not waived the first year
- Authorized Platinum cards are $175 for three user (then $175 per Platinum)
- Authorized Gold cards are free
- Full details here
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent on purchases made with airlines or with American Express Travel
- 5x points per $1 spent on hotel & airline bookings made directly from the American Express travel website
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- $200 Uber credit ($15 per month and additional $20 in December)
- $100 Saks Credit (two $50 credits)
- Lounge access:
- Centurion lounge access
- International American Express lounge access
- Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Priority pass select membership
- Airspace lounge access
- $240 digital entertainment credit. This is a credit of $20 per month and can be used on Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM and The New York Times.
- $200 hotel credit. This can be used on select prepaid bookings (Fine Hotels + Resorts® and The Hotel Collection) when using American Express Travel
- $179 Clear credit
- $300 Equinox credit. This is a $25 credit each month
- Global Dining Access by Resy
- The Global Lounge Collection
Great deal if targeted. We’ve seen other similar offers, and this one is quite good as well. You can normally get the upgrade bonus even if you’ve held the Platinum card before. If you have any questions about upgrade offers, please read this post before asking any questions. General American Express questions are likely answered here.
Hat tip to reader Moshe