Update 2/11/21: More people have been targeted via mail.
No direct link, targeted mail offer
- Signup for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and get 80,000 points after $4,000 in spend within the first three months.
- $95 annual fee (waived the first year?)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Primary car rental insurance
- This card earns at the following rates:
- 2x points per $1 spent on travel and dining at restaurants
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Transferable points
- Redeem points on Chase’s travel portal at a value of 1.25¢ due to the 25% travel redemption bonus
- Not eligible if you’ve received a sign up bonus on the Sapphire Preferred/Reserve in the last 48 months (standard is now 48 months)
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
This is obviously a terrific deal if you were targeted. I don’t believe we’ve ever seen such a high offer, even targeted. We once saw a public 80,000 points offer on the Sapphire Preferred, but it required $20,000 in spend. It’s likely a highly targeted mailer, let us know if you got it.
Hat tip to gavin101