- Discover is offering select cardholders 5% back on Amazon purchases during the month of March, on up to $500 in purchases. Requires activation.
Others got a similar deal from Discover for Walmart instead of Amazon.
The Fine Print
- Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus® at Amazon.com from 3/1/22 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 3/31/22, on up to $500 in purchases. This offer is different from the 5% Cashback Bonus® program. Enrolling here does not confirm enrollment in the 5% program.
- Amazon.com purchases include those made through the Amazon.com checkout, like digital downloads, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon Local Deals, Amazon Prime subscriptions and items sold by third party merchants through Amazon.com’s marketplace. Also includes in-store at Amazon Go, Amazon Bookstore, and Amazon 4-Star.
- Purchases must be made with merchants in the U.S. To qualify for 5%, the purchase transaction date must be before or on the last day of the offer or promotion. For online purchases, the transaction date from the merchant may be the date when the item ships.
- Rewards are added to your account within two billing periods.
- Discover makes every effort to include all Merchant Identification Numbers (MIDs). Even if a purchase appears to fit in this promotion, it may not qualify if the merchant has a Merchant Identification Number (MID) that falls outside of the description of this promotion. Discover Card does not create MID category descriptions for this merchant. Third-party payment accounts and digital wallet transactions do not qualify to earn 5% cash back. Learn more at Discover.com/digitalwallets. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for more information.
Nice little bonus for those who don’t have one of the 5% cashback Amazon credit cards. The Walmart version is interesting as well.
Hat tip to readers Matt and betterplanetbob