Note: This time it states ‘This offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with other offers. Only the person to whom this offer is addressed is eligible for this offer’.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: LA, MS, FL, AL, & TX only. In branch only [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $21
- Early account termination fee: $20, 180 days (bonus forfeit)
- Household limit: One (this is enforced)
- Expiration date: 6/30/2021
- Hancock Whitney Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a Connect Checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a qualifying monthly direct deposit of at least $250 by 8/31/2021
The Fine Print
- Checking Promotion Requirements: Use the promo code referenced above when opening a new Connect Checking account with money not currently on deposit at Hancock Whitney Bank by the offer expiration date of 6/30/2021.
- The promo code is required at account opening. The following criteria must be met by 8/31/2021: Set up and receive a qualifying monthly direct deposit of at least $250 per deposit.
- A qualifying direct deposit includes a salary, pension, social security or other recurring, monthly income amount of $250 or more, electronically deposited by your employer or outside agency.
- Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a financial center or ATM do not qualify.
- A qualifying direct deposit is a recurring electronic deposit of at least $250 of your paycheck, pension, or government benefit (such as Social Security) electronically deposited by your employer, the government, or outside agency.
- Qualifying direct deposit does not include payments received from apps such as PayPal or Cash App, and other similar payment providers.
- Tax refunds and Stimulus Checks are not qualifying direct deposits.
- Deposits made at a financial center, via ATM, online transfer, mobile device, debit card/prepaid card number or the mail do not qualify. The bank may change or discontinue the offer at any time and without notice.
- This offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with other offers. Only the person to whom this offer is addressed is eligible for this offer. Limit of one consumer checking-related bonus per household per calendar year
- If your account meets the criteria, and remains open and active, we will deposit the earned bonus into your new Connect Checking account within 6 weeks after the qualification period of 8/31/2021. Bonuses may be considered interest and may be reported on IRS Form 1099.
Connect Checking account has a $12 monthly fee. This can be waived if you maintain one or more of the following: a minimum daily collected balance of at least $1,500 or more or $5,000 in combined deposits (excluding CDs and IRAs) or consumer loans (excluding mortgages) and credit card balances.
Early Account Termination Fee
$20 fee is charged for each account if the account is closed within 180 days. Looks like you might also forfeit the bonus.
Hat tip to gli