Update 12/31/20: Extended until June 30, 2021. Hat tip to Ice
Update 7/7/20: Extended until December 31st, 2020. Hat tip to reader Gadget.
Update 6/18/20: Extended until September 30th, 2020.
Update 5/25/20: Deal has been extended until June 30th, 2020. Hat tip to SDubbs
- Tastyworks is offering 100 shares when you open and fund a new account with $2,000+. Average value of the shares will be between $200 and $220
The Fine Print
- 100 Shares of Stock Offer available to all approved new customers (as determined by tax ID) who fund their tastyworks account with $2000 USD, are legal U.S. residents, and are ages 18+ as of date of participation (a “Qualified Customer.”)
- Offer valid 04/20/2020-06/01/2020 (“Promotional Period.”) Stock bonus (“Stock”) will be credited to Qualified Customer’s account approximately one week from the time the funds post to the Qualified Customer’s account, on Friday’s by 4pm CST during the Promotional Period.
- Stock will be randomly selected by tastyworks from a list of eleven (11) stocks priced between $1 and $6 USD.
- The list of Stocks is determined by an algorithm and Stock value may change frequently due to market activity and will be adjusted by tastyworks in its sole discretion.
- The odds of specific stock allocation is implemented as follows: there is a 70% chance of receiving Stock priced under $2.00 per share, and a 30% chance of receiving Stock priced over $2.00 per share.
- The value of Stock received will average $200-$220 USD based on the price of shares at which the Stock is purchased by tastyworks.
- All promotional shares of Stock are priced at the market price at time of purchase by tastyworks on Qualified Customer’s behalf not later than the market day after Qualified Customer completes the funding of their account.
- The funds deposited to Qualified Customer’s account, plus the initial value of the Stock received (less any losses on the Stock) are required to remain in Qualified Customer’s account for a minimum of three months starting the day shares deposited into account, subject to extension from date of entry, before withdrawal in order for Qualified Customer to receive the value of the Stock (“Three Month Period.”)
TastyWorks has previously offered a flat $250 bonus that was better, but that required depositing $5,000+. This deal is a bit easier to meet the requirements for, but obviously the expected bonus is slightly lower. There is also a play trading bonus for up to $250 that was supposed to work for existing users, but Tastyworks has been denying people for that if they’ve already received a bonus. I do think this bonus is better than that trading bonus so will be adding this to our list of the best brokerage account bonuses. Last time the $250 bonus offer was offered it was pulled early, so keep that in mind.