Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $400
- Availability: Must be Rutherford County Residents
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $600+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,300
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Expiration date: September 30, 2021
- Redstone Federal Credit Union is offering a $400 checking bonus. This is available to the First 1000 Rutherford County Residents. Use promo code GET400. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Get $250 when you:
- Open your first Redstone checking account
- Use your debit card 15 times
- Log in to online banking
- Get $25 when you Download and log in to our mobile app
- Get $25 when you Sign up for eStatements
- Get $100 when you Set up and receive direct deposits totaling $600 or more
- Get $250 when you:
The Fine Print
- During the months of August and September, RFCU® members living in Rutherford County Tennessee (hereinafter referred to as “Participant”) may be eligible to participate in a special promotion if they open their first Checking Account with RFCU and meet all of the Promotion Requirements and applicable Bonus Requirements. The promotion consists of four separate bonuses that could total up to $400. The promotion is only available to the first 1,000 RFCU members that participate.
- The promotion is only available from August 1 to September 30, 2021 (hereinafter referred to as “promotional period”). First consumer Redstone checking account (“first Checking Account”) must be opened by September 30, 2021. Subsequent bonus requirements must be completed within 90 days of checking account opening. The Participant must open his/her first Checking Account using the required Promo Code GET400 at time of opening during the promotional period. To be considered a first Checking Account, the Participant must not have been the primary account holder on a RFCU Checking Account within the past 24 months (730 days). No bonus will be paid if the Promo Code is not used. The Participant must be 13 years old or older. Business checking accounts are not eligible. The Participant must be an RFCU member in good standing as defined in the RFCU Bylaws. The Participant and his/her accounts must remain in good standing and the accounts and/or services must remain open/active until the bonus(es) is/are paid. If not a current RFCU member, the Participant must be eligible for RFCU membership and must open a primary savings account in order to become a member. The promotion cannot be combined with other offers and it can expire at any time without notice. The Participant is responsible for any taxes associated with the promotion. RFCU employees and their family members are not eligible to participate. No bonus(es) will be paid if all of the requirements for the bonus(es) are not met.
- The Participant must meet all of the Promotion Requirements listed above and must also meet the requirements for the specific bonus within 90 days of opening first RFCU checking account to be eligible for bonuses. The above Promotion Requirements are in addition to the below requirements for each bonus. If the above Promotion Requirements are not met, the Participant will not be eligible to participate in any of the four bonuses listed below.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Easiest account to keep fee free seems to be the easy checking account, this has a $5 monthly fee that is waived with a direct deposit or with an average daily balance of $100+.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any mention of an early account termination fee in their fee schedule.
Not available in as many states as the $100 bonus, but obviously a much bigger bonus. Disappointing this is only available to the first 1,000 and only in that county so won’t be adding this to our best bank account bonus page.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times