Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $500
- Availability: AL, AR, GA, FL, IN, KY, MD, MS, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV or DC
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two qualifying Direct Deposits totaling $500 or more within 90 days of account opening
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $12, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: July 14, 2022
- Truist is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code TR2CHK22
- Complete two qualifying Direct Deposits totaling $500 or more within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Valid for new personal Truist Dimension, Truist Bright or Truist Fundamental checking accounts opened from 4/1/22 through 7/14/22. Enrollment in the promotion is required at account opening using promo code TR2CHK22 to be eligible for any promotion reward. Please refer to the Account Opening and Enrollment section below for instructions.
- How to Earn $300:
- Open a new eligible* Truist personal checking account from April 1, 2022 through July 14, 2022
- Receive at least 2 qualifying Direct Deposits** totaling $500 or more within 90 days of account opening.
- Clients with an existing personal checking account or who have closed a personal checking account on or after 4/1/21 with BB&T or SunTrust now Truist and/or Truist are not eligible. Account holder must be 18 or older at the time of account opening. Truist employees are not eligible. Offer available only to US residents with a valid US taxpayer identification number. The qualifying checking account must be opened in a Truist branch in one of the following states, or online, and have a mailing address in: AL, AR, GA, FL, IN, KY, MD, MS, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV or DC.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Truist Bright Checking has a $12 monthly fee this is waived with either of the following requirements:
- Monthly direct deposits over $500 or
- $1,500 average ledger balance
Early Account Termination Fee
I didn’t see any mention of the EATF in the fee schedule.
Truist is the new name for the merged BB&T and SunTrust bank. Keep in mind you won’t be eligible for this bonus if you’ve held a BB&T/SunTrust or Truist account since 2/1/21. They launched with a $500 bonus, so I’d recommend waiting for that to return and won’t be adding this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times