Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: 25,000 SkyMiles
- Availability: AL, AR, GA, FL, IN, KY, MD, MS, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV or DC
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $12, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: June 30, 2022
- Truist is offering a bonus of 25,000 Delta SkyMiles when you open a Dimension Checking account and a Delta SkyMiles® Debit Card. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Earn 5,000 bonus miles after your first qualifying purchase
- Earn 20k miles after the account has been opened for 60 days and has a positive balance.
The Fine Print
- Open a new Truist Dimension account and a Delta SkyMiles® Debit Card online from 05/19/22 through 6/30/22. Primary account holder must be 18 or older at the time of account opening. Offer available online only to U.S. residents with a U.S. valid US taxpayer identification number. The qualifying checking account must have a mailing address in the following states: AL, AR, GA, FL, IN, KY, MD, MS, NC, NJ, OH,PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV or DC. Truist employees are not eligible.
- 5,000 bonus points will be awarded after the first signature or pin-based purchase within 90 days on Delta SkyMiles® Debit Card.
- 20,000 bonus points will be awarded after the new associated Truist Dimension account is open for 60 days AND has a positive balance greater than zero on the review date.
- Bonus points will be reviewed and applied within 5 weeks of verifying the qualification requirements. Promotion is only applicable once per account and per client. Truist may report the value of any offer reward received to the IRS as required by law. Any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a $95 annual fee
Early Account Termination Fee
I didn’t see any mention of the EATF in the fee schedule.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times