Update 12/7/20: Available again.
- T-Mobile is offering a 30-day free trial on their service.
To participate, sign up and you’ll receive a pocket-sized hotspot to connect to your current phone to experience a T-Mobile’s best network yet. After 30-days or 30GB of data, whichever comes first, you can return the device to any T-Mobile store or pass it on to a friend.
The Fine Print
- Can be done all online.
- Not available to current T-Mobile customers.
- Who is eligible? Non-T-Mobile customers that have not participated in the trial within the last 6 months. Current T-Mobile for Business, Metro by T-Mobile or customers of T-Mobile partners using the T-Mobile network are not eligible. Once you have participated in the Test Drive, you are not eligible to participate again for 6 months.
- T-Mobile Test Drive participants are limited to one device per household, or if you are representing a business, one device per shipping address.
- Test Drive will work with any smartphone or device that is Wi-Fi capable. To see if your device is Wi-Fi capable, check the specifications of the device.
- Business or personal.
I’m not sure why they don’t just send out SIM cards to try for 30 days which would be much cheaper for them. I guess they are afraid there’ll be more freeloaders that way versus a hotspot which takes more effort to use.
Either way, it’s a free 30 days of hotspot if that’s useful for someone. And, of course, it’s a nice way to test if T-Mobile service is good in your area/home/office.
- 7/21/20: Deal is back again. (Last time was in August 2019.)