Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Must be located in Bell, Bosque, Brazos, Coryell, Hamilton, McLennan, Williamson and must be an educator
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $6, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit, 365 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: May 18th, 2021
- Extraco Banks is offering a bonus of $250 to Educators that open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Set up Direct Deposit greater than or equal to $1,500 within statement cycle
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the bonus, you must: be a new Extraco Banks Bonus Banking customer, not have closed a Bonus Banking account within the past 6 months at Extraco Banks, set up Direct Deposit greater than or equal to $1,500 within statement cycle. If the account is open for less than 365 days, a $250 closing fee will be charged to the account
- Offer valid until May 18, 2021 for educators located in Bell, Bosque, Brazos, Coryell, Hamilton, McLennan, Williamson, and who are employed at K-12, college, or university campuses.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $6 monthly fee, this is waived if you do either of the following:
- your average collected balance is greater than $4,999 OR you have 30 or more CREDIT (or signature-based) transactions per statement cycle OR you meet all three Service Fee Buy-Downs.
There is also a $5 paper fee, this can be avoided by opting in eStatements.
Early Account Termination Fee
Bonus is forfeit if the account is closed within 365 days of account opening.
Nice deal but need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open. For now we won’t add it to the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader ShawntheShawn
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times