Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Nationwide. If you don’t live in U.S. Bank’s footprint then you will be denied.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two deposits totaling $2,000 or more
- Additional requirements: Use promo code and online/mobile banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed data points
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: $6.95 avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: September 4th/September 18th 2019
- U.S. Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new Checking Package by September 18th (fine print says September 4th) and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code WEBSUMR
- Receive recurring direct deposits of two or more that total $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening
- Be enrolled in either U.S. Bank online banking or U.S. bank mobile app by September 18th
The Fine Print
- You must use the promotion code listed on this offer when you apply.
- A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a U.S. Bank consumer checking account.
- To earn the $300 bonus offer, you must open a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account (excluding Student Checking and Safe Debit Account) by September 4, 2019.
- Additionally, you must complete recurring direct deposits of two or more that total $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening, and be enrolled in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App by September 18, 2019. F
- or assistance in enrolling in U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App, contact customer service or your local branch.
- The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification, and verification of enrollment in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
- The account must be open and have a positive balance.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past 12 months.
- Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- All regular account-opening procedures apply.
- Limit of one bonus per household.
- For a comprehensive list of account pricing, terms and policies, see the Your Deposit Account Agreement and the Consumer Pricing Information brochures. These documents can be obtained by contacting a U.S. Bank branch or calling 800-872-2657.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $6.95 monthly fee and is waived if you meet any of the following requiremnets:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+ – or –
- Average account balance of $1,500.- or –
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater.
This account has a $14.95 monthly fee but is waived if you have a U.S. Bank credit card. Many of us have a U.S. Bank personal credit card like Altitude, Flexperks, or Cash+ which would work to keep the account fee-free. Another option is to get the Gold account and get the fee waived if you have a good credit score and join the Because You’ve Earned It program.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee to worry about
Earlier this year we’ve seen a $300 bonus, but that required a Platinum account. We saw another $300 bonus that could be done with gold/easy checking but that required it being opened in branch. This new bonus is the best of both worlds as you can open it online and the easier accounts to keep free fee qualify. Because of that this will definitely be added to our list of the best bank account bonuses. U.S. Bank also has a $400 business checking bonus, but that requires in branch opening. Fingers crossed we see an online version of that soon.
Hat tip to readers Candice E & Cavlin M
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses: