Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Must reside in Virginia, Maryland or North Carolina
- Direct deposit required: Direct deposits of $2,000+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes, mixed dp on being sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, $25
- Expiration date: November 1, 2021
- Atlantic Union Bank is offering a bonus of of up to $250. Need to complete the following requirements for the first three months:
- Earn $100 when you make a recurring qualified direct deposit totaling $2,000 or more each month.
- Earn $100 when you make at least 10 qualifying debit cards transactions each month
- Do both and earn $250
The Fine Print
- Cash Bonus Terms and Conditions: (#1) open a new Free Checking, Loyalty Checking, Preferred Checking, or ThankU Checking account by November 1st, 2021, AND (#2) set up a recurring qualified direct deposit totaling $2,000 or more each month for the three consecutive full statement cycles immediately following the account opening date AND (#3) conduct at least 10 point-of-sale debit card transactions (ATM transactions excluded) each month for the three consecutive full statement cycles (months) immediately following the account opening date. If you satisfy all of the above requirements, you will receive a $250 cash bonus. Satisfy (#1) AND either (#2) or (#3), get a $100 cash bonus.
- Offer is not valid if you have had an Atlantic Union Bank checking account, or have received any Atlantic Union Bank cash bonus offer within the last 12 months. Limit one cash bonus offer per new customer and account. Bonus may not be combined with any other offers. Atlantic Union Bank reserves the right to alter the terms of the promotion or end it at any time. All accounts are subject to approval.
- Cash Bonus Payment: The cash bonus will be deposited in your account within 30 calendar days after all terms of the offer are met. Your checking account must be open and in good standing to receive cash bonus award. Cash bonus value will be reported to IRS as taxable income.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule you’ll be charged an early account termination fee of $25 if the account is closed within 180 days of opening.
They have offered as high as $600 in the past, but that required a huge deposit and was more difficult to keep the account fee free. I think this new bonus is better and worth doing if eligible. We will add it to the best checking bonus page.
Hat tip to reader Avi
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times