Update 3/26/22: Deal is back, this time you get $100 of the bonus after one year but there are less requirements. Hat tip to reader Gabe
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability:If you live, work, worship or attend school in the State of Washington, are a close relative of someone who qualifies as a member, or are a resident within Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Clearwater, Idaho, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce and Shoshone Counties in Idaho, you are eligible to join Gesa.
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund with a credit card, up to $5,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $20, 180 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- Gesa Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new Colossal checking account and complete the following requirements within 60 days of account opening:
- Open your new checking account
- Sign up for Online Banking and eStatements
- Complete 10 debit card purchases (excluding ATM transactions)
- Get another $100 when you keep the account open with a positive balance for one year
The Fine Print
- All qualiﬁcation criteria must be met within 60 days of account opening.
- $300 incentive will be deposited into member’s savings account after all qualiﬁcation criteria are met and is subject to any required IRS reporting.
- Only one $300 checking incentive per member.
- Member must not have had a Gesa checking account within the last 90 days.
- Member must not be a current Inspirus Credit Union checking account holder.
- Colossal Checking accounts may be opened at any Gesa branch.
- Oﬀer valid for a limited time only.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
A $20 fee is charged if the account is closed within 180 days according to this fee schedule.
Previous best bonus was $100, so this is considerably better than that. I definitely think this bonus is worth doing, there are a few requirements but none of them are particularly hard to meet. I’d recommend applying for this account ASAP, as I can see it being extremely popular and being pulled quickly. I’ll be adding it to our best bank account bonus page.
Hat tip to Christian W
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times