Update 5/14/22: Deal is back and valid until 5/30/22. Hat tip to Jonathan
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Southern Wisconsin and Northeastern Illinois only
- Direct deposit required: Recurring monthly direct deposit of at least $250
- Additional requirements: Enroll in eStatements and use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown (soft pull according to CSR)
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up To $500 per account
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
October 31, 20205/30/2022
- Landmark Credit Union is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code P100
- Set up eStatements with a valid e-mail address
- Receive a recurring monthly direct deposit of $250+
The Fine Print
- Offer expires 10/31/20. To receive the $300 cash bonus, use promo code PP0920NEW300 online or bring this to any Landmark location and open any new Landmark Checking Account (“New Account”) with e-statements (valid email address required) and recurring monthly direct deposit (“Qualified Account”). Direct deposit is defined as a minimum of $250 per month in ACH deposits, which may include payroll, pension or government benefit payments.
- Landmark will review your New Account 60 days after opening and deposit the $300 within 45 days of the review if the direct deposit and e-statement requirements have been met.
- Accounts closed within the first 6 months will be charged a $300 penalty.
- $300 will be reported as interest on a 1099-INT.
- Not valid with any other offers.
- One bonus offer available per year per member. Landmark Associates are not eligible.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
None of these accounts have any monthly fee.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for six months or bonus will be forfeit
Better than the previous $200 checking bonus and no targeted language this time. If it is a soft pull to open then definitely worth doing.
Hat tip to reader Wilsonhammer
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times