When logging into Citicards, many people are seeing a referral bonus page pop up with offers such as:
- Get $100 when referring a friend to Citi Double Cash. Max 5 referrals over the next 12 months.
- Get 10,000 ThankYou points when referring a friend to Citi ThankYou Premier card. Max 5 referrals over the next 12 months.
- Get 10,000 American Airlines miles when referring a friend to Citi AA Platinum Select card. Max 5 referrals over the next 12 months.
They do have odd/interesting terms whereby you first have to spend $500 and then you earn the right to refer and get the bonus for each referral.
The Fine Print
- After you spend $500 in a 12-month period beginning from date of enrollment, you will receive a bonus Cash Back award of $100 for each friend you refer through this Refer-a-friend offer.
- Bonus Cash Back will post to your account within 1-2 billing cycles.
- You are limited to a maximum of 20 referrals and 5 bonus awards per 12 month period beginning from your enrollment date. (I interpret this to mean that you can send up to 20 referrals, after which point the system won’t allow you to send any more. But you can only earn a bonus on up to 5 who actually use the referral.)
There are two issues here, the bigger one being that the link doesn’t seem to actually be working for anyone – it errors out when clicking. You can try ‘Remind Me Later’ and hopefully you’ll get notification at some point.
The other thing to keep in mind is that we don’t yet know what the signup bonus offer will be for the new member. If there is no bonus for new member, it’s pretty useless. It could get interesting if referrals have different language in the terms than regular signups. At this point, it’s all speculation since we’re waiting for Citi to get their IT together.
The post [YMMV] Citi $100/10,000 Points Referral Bonus on Double Cash, ThankYou, and American Airlines Cards appeared first on Doctor Of Credit.